Update 18th May 2020
Reserve and Cafe NOW OPEN - NO PRE-BOOKING NECESSARY.
Update 12th May 2020
Reserve and Cafe will be open from Thursday 14th May!
We are currently making preparations to open both The Reserve & Cafe again when NZ moves to Alert Level 2.
The Reserve and Cafe will be open from this Thursday 14th May.
We are working hard to ensure that Staglands will be a safe environment for everyone. In alignment with government guidelines:
Let's all do our bit to help keep New Zealand safe!
- We will be practising physical distancing of 1 metre, for both the staff and visitors.
- Hand sanitisers will be made available around The Reserve for visitors use.
- We will be keeping a contact register and asking all visitors for their contact information, so, in the event of an outbreak, tracing will be possible (please note: information collected will not be used for any other purpose). Visitors may also wish to keep track of their movements by registering their visit at the Covid-19 Register.
- Lunchtime Feed Tour and Tractor-Trailer Rides will be suspended until further notice.
- Staglands Café will be open for takeaway coffees, drinks and food items.
- Play it safe - as much as we like to see you, please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
Finally thank you so much for your generous donations and support during the lockdown, they really have made the world of difference to us. The funds we have received will go a long way towards seeing Staglands through this crisis.
Update 23rd April 2020
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Staglands Wildlife Reserve will remain closed during Level 3 Lockdown
We need your support...
As NZ prepares to move from level 4 to level 3 lockdown on the 27th April Staglands will sadly remain closed.
Whilst our income from visitors has stopped completely, the high cost of caring for our birds & animals continues, as unlike many other businesses we are unable to simply switch off the lights and go home.
However you can help!
If you are planning to visit when we re-open, or you would just like to support us, you can help us bridge our income gap by buying an entry ticket online now or making a donation
Update 2nd April 2020:
All tickets will be valid for a full 12 months from when we re-open, however we will receive the income now which will make the world of difference to us.
Thank you so much for your support 💚
Buy an entry ticket online or make a donation now
Staglander Pass Holders: We will be extending your membership
We want to reassure you that during this lock down period you will not miss out on your Staglander Membership.
Voucher Holders: We will be extending your voucher expiry dates:
Once we re-open, your membership will be extended by the same amount of time that we were closed, so you will still be able to enjoy unlimited visits for a full 12 months!
Vouchers that expire during this lock down period will be extended for 6 weeks after the date we re-open.
Update 22nd March 2020
Vouchers that expire after this lock down ends will be extended for 6 weeks after the expiry date.
Staglands Wildlife Reserve will be temporarily closing
In line with the Government directive issued on the 23rd March, we will be temporarily closed from 24th March.
We will be updating our Website and Facebook pages as new information becomes available.
Please be rest assured that despite this closure, all the birds and animals at The Reserve will remain well fed and cared for.
Stay safe everyone, look after each other and those in your community who need it most.