Park Ranger / Grounds Person - Part Time
We are looking for a part time person to join the team helping in The Reserve with the presentation and maintenance of the grounds and enclosures.
The role involves:
- Grooming paths enclosures and other areas to ensure they are neat and tidy for our visitors
- Basic maintenance
- Using equipment such as leaf blower, lawn mower, chain saw etc
- Doing Tractor Trailer Rides for the customers
- Ensuring all our customers are wowed by their experience at the park
You will need to show:
- Good eye for detail and observation skills
- Good time management
- An interest in wildlife and conservation
- A stable work record ie minimum of 2 years with one employer
- Good attitude towards your work colleagues and workplace
- Understanding of the importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Ability to follow workplace procedures and paper work as required
The position will involve gardening, park presentation and some basic landscaping. There will also be some work assisting with the birds and animals. You will be regularly interacting with our customers so you must have a personable manner and enjoy working with people. Your ability to communicate with a wide range of people will be critical to your success at Staglands.
Part of your job will involve the Tractor Trailer Rides so tractor experience would be an advantage, but training can be given to someone with the right attitude. Awareness of the importance of adhering to safety procedures is essential.
This is a physical job. There is lifting involved and a good level of fitness is essential. You must be able to prove you can work outside in all weathers and dig deep when the going gets tough.
The hours are Sunday to Tuesday 8.00am till 5.00pm. As we are 20 minutes from Upper Hutt you must have reliable transport.
You will need NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa plus a full NZ driver’s license. Anyone looking for short term work need not apply.
Click here to download a full job description.
If you think this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please email your CV with two referees to email@example.com.
We will acknowledge we have received your application but will only follow up with those we wish to interview.